The 14th annual GLACLP Conference will be held on Saturday, November 2, 2019 at C.S. Mott Children’s Hospital in Ann Arbor, Michigan.
Registration Deadline: October 18, 2019
- The GLACLP membership meeting will be on Friday, November 1, 2019 from 6-7pm at C.S. Mott Children’s Hospital in Ann Arbor, Michigan. For those that are interested in a tour of Mott, it will begin at 7:15pm.
- For the conference, registration and breakfast will begin at 7:30am on Saturday, November 2, 2019 at The Kensington Hotel in Ann Arbor, Michigan.
- The welcome/opening will begin at 8:15am and the closing by 4:15pm. We will have 3 meal options for lunch (chicken, pork, vegetarian) and you will make that choice when you register for the conference. The conference theme is innovation and creativity.
“In a world focused on standardization, speed, and efficiency, it’s essential for us to show the value of child life services in healthcare. Collaboration among child life professional’s sparks growth and change as our field continued to expand. Share how your program utilizes creativity and innovation to promote services or enhance patient, family, and staff experiences.”
* Note for Session 3
Session 3: Presentation on Navigating Expansion of Procedural Comfort Initiatives and Self-Advocacy from Pediatrics to Adult Care Settings
Michelle Churches, MSN, RN / Clinical Affairs Staff Specialist, Michigan Medicine Office will no longer be presenting; Filling her spot will be Cathy Doherty RN, Nursing Supervisor & Co Lead C.S. Motts Poke Program Clinical Affairs Accreditation & Regulatory
3500 S. State St.
Ann Arbor, MI 48108
Group block: Great Lakes Association of Child Life Professionals
Conference Scholarships Available
Scholarships are awarded each academic year to one student, one new professional, and one professional for the annual conference.
The purpose of the scholarship is to assist child life students and professionals interested in obtaining professional training and recognition in a conference setting.
Conditions of Scholarship:
- Scholarships are awarded each academic year to one student, one new professional, and one professional for the GLACLP annual conference in September/October.
- Applicants must be a current GLACLP member.
- A student is defined as someone who is currently enrolled in an academic institution, has graduated and is looking for a practicum or internship, and/or is currently completing a child life practicum or internship.
- A new professional is defined as someone who has graduated and completed a child life internship and may or may not be working as a child life specialist. If working as a child life specialist, the new professional must have less than two years work experience.
- A professional is defined as someone who has graduated, completed a child life internship, and has more than two years of work experience.
- Scholarship recipients receive free conference registration, one night accommodation in conference approved hotel, and recognition at the GLACLP conference.
A one-page maximum essay and the application form are required to be completed as part of the application.
Applications must be emailed with the subject “Conference Scholarship Application” by Friday, August 30th. Scholarship recipients will be notified by the end of September.