GLACLP is looking for the members to be involved in the following ways:
- Education Committee: Are you interested in helping plan education opportunities and scholarship opportunities?
- The education committee is composed of 4-5 GLACLP members, including a chair and co-chair. The committee work is split between all members. This committee focuses on continuing education for our members. They strive to offer webinars, typically every other month, based on the topics members want to learn about. The education committee is also responsible for reviewing and scoring abstracts and scholarship applications for the annual conference, student symposium, and child life assistant summit. Time commitment for this committee is approximately 1-2 hours per month on average, but may require more time during scholarship and abstract review time frames. Chair and co-chair roles do require more of a time commitment but it is not a lot and the work is shared.
- Research Committee: Are you interested in advancing research in the field of child life?
- The research committee is research-based. They present a mini-webinar every other month. This committee has created and continues to work on a research toolbox, annotated bibliographies, evidence-based practice statements, mini-webinars, and article reviews. All members are encouraged and welcome to join–you do not need research experience!
- Webinar Presentations: Are you interested in presenting a webinar?
If you are interested in being involved, please email email@example.com