Cleveland Clinic, Cleveland, OH
Cleveland Clinic has openings fro two Child Life Specialist positions.
Child Life Specialist – Children of Adult Patients
Child Life Specialist – Inpatient, Hematology/Oncology
Munson Medical Center, Traverse City, MI
Munson Medical Center has an open position for a Child Life Specialist. This is a temporary position from September 25, 2017 through mid/late January 2018. The position is full-time, Monday through Friday, from 8:00 am to 4:30 pm. Coverage is for a one-person program in inpatient and the ED. Apply here: http://www.munsonhealthcare.org/mmcjobs#
St. John’s Hospital and Medical Center, Detroit, MI
Child Life Specialist
Additional Job Details: Full-Time,Day, 40 hours,Weekly, Work hours are 5 days weekly, start/end time can be flexible; occasional weekend or evening required
St. John Providence Health System is a member of Ascension Health, the largest not-for-profit Catholic Health system in the United States.
Our Mission, Vision and Values: St. John Providence Health System, as a Catholic health ministry, is committed to providing spiritually centered, holistic care which sustains and improves the health of individuals in the communities we serve, with special attention to the poor and vulnerable.
Our Values: We are called to: Service of the Poor, Reverence, Integrity, Wisdom, Creativity and Dedication
Our Vision: Our passion for healing calls us to cultivate trust, advocate wellness, and transform healthcare.
The Spclst-Child Life 1 collaborates with the health care team to provide social, emotional, and developmental support during a pediatric patient’s illness and hospitalization.
- Performs developmental and psychosocial assessments of patients. Collaborates with the health care team to plan appropriate interventions, provide appropriate education to patients and their caregivers, help reduce patient stress and anxiety, and build and maintain positive relationships with patients, families, and organizations/groups that support pediatric patients and programs.
- Supports patients through difficult tests, procedures and sometimes drastic changes due to chronic or acute illness, treatment and recovery.
- Promotes the role of parents and other family members as full partners on the health care team and promotes the philosophy of patient- and family-centered care.
- Develops and/or participates in outreach and educational activities to educate families, staff and the community about issues and services related to ill and hospitalized children.
- Preferred Credential(s):
- Certified Child Life Specialist accreditation from the Child Life Council, Teaching certificate, Licensed Professional Counselor or other child/family/activity focused certification preferred.
- Bachelor’s Level Degree
- Bachelor degree in Education/Early Childhood Education, Psychology/Child Psychology, Child Development, Child and Family Studies, Recreations Therapies or a related field of study required
- One to two years teaching, counseling or related experience preferred.
How To Apply
If you are interested in joining the St. John Providence Health System team, please apply by completing an online application at stjohnprovidence.org.
For questions or assistance with completing the online application, please contact Ascension candidate care at 855-778-6037.